A lot of celebrities own Land Rover Defenders both for their unique design and the level of lavishness they bring to the driving experience. Sean Connery, Ralph Lauren, and the founder of Under Armour, Kevin Plank, are all noted to have, or have had, the iconic truck. Those of us without a famous name also own Defenders, but there does seem to be something that binds and defines the owners of these vehicles. Something in the luxury, in the aesthetic and attention to detail, that attracts some of us to the cult of the Defender.
We put a list together of the common signs that you, or someone you know, may very well be or should be the owner of an East Coast Defender.
- Trips to the grocery store are smooth, but involve extra time for parking lot explanations of the fine piece of automotive design you arrived in.
- You look down on people who drive lesser all-terrain vehicles. Literally. From atop your hand-stitched leather seat.
- You treat rainy days like challenges and take them on with glee.
- Everything becomes a parking lot or a road in your mind: beaches, meadows, front lawns.
- You dream of winches.
- Driving your children’s team to the soccer game becomes more than just a drive; it’s an experience for them.
- You know what town the Defender was built in, and maybe the name of that town’s best pub.
- Saturday nights are often spent discussing the finer points of the LS3 Corvette engine compared to the LC9.
- Having a vehicle that represents your unique personality and interests to a T is of the utmost importance to you.
- You know that your daily drive should be just as much of a spectacular experience as the rest of your life. That’s why you chose or will choose East Coast Defender.
Does this sound like you or someone you know? At East Coast Defender, our entire Rover Dome is full of men and women with chronic Defender disorder. Feel free to take advantage of our open door policy to see the finest Defenders being created in the United States. Contact us today to build your very own Defender, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.