A Land Rover Defender is a terrific vehicle for a short drive to the supermarket or into town for a dinner; it has the luxury and handling to be impressive in those instances. Beyond the day-to-day, Defenders are also an excellent vehicle of choice for longer trips or less-traveled terrain. This summer, as a new Defender owner, maybe it’s time for you to take your vehicle on a tour of our vast country. You’ll turn some heads and see the world in style and comfort. Take what was once just a Land Rover Defender for sale and experience it’s iconic persona on an iconic route.
Whether it is the distance they can travel, the cargo capability, the comfort, or the rugged nature that fears no path, the vehicles turned out by East Coast Defender are ready for it all, including extensive road trips. One of the best road trip ideas for 2017 is an iconic throwback: Route 66. The 2,400 mile route from Chicago to the great shores of the Pacific and Santa Monica is lodged in the fabric of American for good reason.
If you do decide to take the trip across Route 66 this summer, here are some places along the way not to miss.
- Chain of Rocks Bridge (Illinois-Missouri border): This is neat walking trail with a unique history.
- The Loop (St. Louis): The Loop is a great entertainment complex made famous by the late great Chuck Berry.
- Meramec Caverns (Missouri): Did the Outlaw Jesse James hideout here? Only one way to find out.
- Henry’s Rabbit Ranch: It’s weird, it’s unique, and you shouldn’t miss it. This stop commemorates Route 66 with some interesting memorabilia.
- Laumeier Sculpture Park & Museum (St. Louis): As a Route 66 legend, this is a treat for your eyes.
- Rock Café (Stroud, Oklahoma): There’s a lot of terrific cafes and diners along Route 66, but this might be one of the best.
- Jiggs Smoke House: Don’t take a trip down America’s Highway without getting some BBQ.
- Tower Station and U-Drop Inn Café (Shamrock, Texas): The place looks like it’s transported in time through a half century.
- Blue Swallow Motel (Tucumcari, NM): If you are looking for a true retro motel to spend the night in along Route 66, this is it!
- Oatman, Arizona: This is a unique stop at a ghost town along Route 66.
- Meteor Crater, Arizona: Stand in one of America’s great craters, and be happy you aren’t there 50,000 years earlier.
- Santa Monica Pier: Roll your Land Rover Defender up to the edge, and end your summer road trip as they are meant to be; take in the sound and fury of the Pacific Ocean at The Pier.
To take in all these sites in the best vehicle possible, contact us anytime at 407-483-4825 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll find your ideal Land Rover Defender for sale and customize it to your liking for the road ahead.