At East Coast Defender, every single one of our builds is from the ground up. We insert the engine, create a world-class, luxury interior, and add the eye-popping accessories on-site at our sprawling headquarters in Kissimmee, Florida. Our Land Rover Defenders are built in the USA with our client’s ideas and needs specifically in mind. What rolls out of our bay doors at the end of the process is part art, part legacy. Following the tear down, fab up, and paint process, our builds wouldn’t be possible without the most fundamental part of any truck, the drivetrain.
The drivetrain on any vehicle consists of everything that connects the engine to the wheels. Getting this assembled correctly, and at a high-functioning level, is vital to building an amazing vehicle. Because of this, it’s something that East Coast Defender takes very seriously during the build process with the following set of steps.
- Every time one of our builds is on the move within The Rover Dome, it goes through a thorough inspection process.
- The transmission and engine are completely rebuilt and upgraded before being placed under the hood – or upgraded to brand new units from Chevrolet.
- We offer an assortment of engines to choose from and to base your drivetrain off of. The most epic of which is the 6.2L Chevrolet LS3 V-8 used in the Corvette that comes with a two-year, 50,000 mile warranty from GM
- The transmission can be upgraded to a brand new six-speed automatic.
- The transfer case is replaced with a new version.
- Drive shafts are custom built based on measurements taken during the build process and are the highest quality available
One of the most major and innovative aspects of our rebuilt trucks is the drivetrain. In the end, they fit into the original Land Rover specifications to the exact millimeter. No Defender leaves our facility with a gear or a screw out of place, and we road test our builds for 500 miles before they are delivered to our clients. At East Coast Defender, we consider quality and reliability to be our absolute hallmarks, and we have a build staff whose number one priority is consistency and excellence in every build. For more information on becoming a part of the family that builds the finest Land Rover Defenders in the USA, call us at 407-483-4825 or e-mail us at email@example.com